UN Secretary-General António Guterres has made proposals to reform the United Nations since the beginning of his term in January 2017. To improve the delivery of our mandate, the United Nations is making sweeping changes in the following areas:
Development. The 2030 Agenda will require bold changes to the UN development system for the emergence of a new generation of country teams, centred on a strategic UN Development Assistance Framework and led by an impartial, independent and empowered resident coordinator.
Management. A new management paradigm for the Secretariat and a United Nations that empowers managers and staff, simplifies processes, increases transparency and improves on the delivery of our mandates.
Peace and Security. The overarching goals of the reform are to prioritize prevention and sustaining peace; enhance the effectiveness and coherence of peacekeeping operations and special political missions and move towards a single, integrated peace and security pillar.
Please check out this website for more information: https://reform.un.org/
- 13 August 2019 - UNIDO Managing Director Visiting Iran
- مرداد 98 - سفرمدیرارشد برنامه توسعه صنعتی ملل متحد (یونیدو) به ایران
- 9 August 2019 - Land is a Critical Resource, IPCC report says It is under pressure from humans and climate change, but it is part of the solution
- مرداد 98 - هشدار سازمان ملل متحد در باره وضعیت بحرانی کره زمین
- 9 August 2019 - UN ready to support all initiatives aimed at realizing indigenous peoples’ rights, aspirations - Guterres