TEHRAN, 13 August 2019 (UNIC) –United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Managing Director Philippe Scholtes and UNIDO Chief of Asia and Pacific Region Ralf Bredel have arrived for a 2-day visit to Iran on Monday 12 August. During the mission to Iran, Philippe Scholtes will meet Government officials, donors and the UN community.
The Managing Director of UNIDO Philippe Scholtes is the most senior official of UNIDO who has visited Iran since 2008. The Purpose of UNIDO high-ranking mission to Iran is to enhance the technical assistance cooperation between Iran and UNIDO within the framework of UNIDO Country Programme for Iran (2017-2022).
Iran and UNIDO has been partners for promoting sustainable and inclusive development in Iran for six decades since 1966. UNIDO Iran’s office projects and programmes cover mostly areas such as environmental protection, resource efficiency, green industry and employment which are also among national industrial development priorities in the Sixth Five-Year Economic, Cultural, and Social Development Plan for 1396-1400 (2016 – 2021).
For more information please contact:
- 15 September 2019 - On Democracy Day, UN Chief urged all governments to respect right to active, substantive and meaningful participation
- شهریور 98 - فراخوان گوترش برای احترام به حق مشارکت فعال، اثربخش و مفید به مناسبت روز مردم سالاری
- 12 September 2019 - New UN report: Scientists call for urgent, targeted action to avoid reversing the development gains of recent decades - New relationship between people and nature is needed as climate change and biodiversity loss threaten progress
- شهریور 98 - گزارش جدید سازمان ملل متحد: فراخوان دانشمندان برای اقدام هدفمند در راستای اجتناب از معکوس شدن دستاوردهای توسعه
- 12 September 2019 - UN Chief: South-South cooperation offer a pathway to accelerate progress that leaves no one behind