28 April 2019 – UNODC Iran organized a two-day participatory workshop on “Sustainable Development and Entrepreneurship” on 24-25 April 2019 in Tehran. This event was made possible through funding of the Australian mission in Tehran. The participants included members of fifteen Non-Government Organizations and Civic Society Organizations active in the field of sustainable livelihood, job creation, women empowerment and entrepreneurship. The workshop benefited from the presence and participation of experts of Drug Control Headquarters of the Islamic Republic of Iran, State Welfare Organization, Tehran Municipality Social Services Department, Young Afghan Entrepreneur Group, and United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in Tehran.
UNODC Iran Country Representative, Mr. Alexander Fedulov, in his opening remarks introduced Alternative Livelihood and Sustainable Development as the fourth pillar of UNODC Iran Country Programme. He further referred to several research studies conducted under the UNODC Iran Programme in the last few years on Sustainable Development and Job Creation in the border communities of Iran and Afghanistan.
Amongst the topics covered in this two-day workshop were: “review & identify difference between entrepreneurship and job creation”; “usefulness of gap analysis and SWOT analysis in works of the NGOs and CSOs”; “conducting of feasibility studies & needs and capacity assessment”, “recognizing and understanding components of entrepreneurship cycle”, “what makes a successful entrepreneur?”, “quality management, calculated risk taking, setting entrepreneurship goals, “monitoring and systematic evaluation”, “collecting & updating business-related information from key customers and clients”, “learning from important influential entrepreneurs approaches and businesses”, “promoting and attracting international and local investors in supporting sustainable livelihood and entrepreneurship projects and activities”.
For additional information please contact Amir Hossein Vaziri (Mr.)
Programme Associate, UNODC Country Office in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- شهریور 98 - دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران یک دوره کارآموزی پیرامون تشخیص و درمان بیش مصرفی مواد شبه افیونی و سندروم محرومیت برگزار می کند
- 29 August 2019 - UNODC Iran organizes a training on diagnosis and treatment of opioids overdose and withdrawal
- شهریور 98 - حضور دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد ایران در سیزدهمین کنگره بین المللی دانش اعتیاد
- 23 August 2019 - UNODC Iran participation in the 13th International Addiction Science Congress
- 30 July 2019 - Executive Director, UN Office on Drugs and Crime, Yury Fedotov: Statement of the UNODC Executive Director on World Day against Trafficking in Persons