Tehran, 25 April 2019 – The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) in the Islamic Republic of Iran organized a training workshop/study mission for Iranian Customs K9 trainers to Netherlands, to deliver theoretical and practical training as well as visit to Police and Customs K9 units in pioneer dog training centres.
The training held for seven senior trainers from Iranian Customs K9 centre, aimed to improve the knowledge of the Iranian K9 instructors from Customs in the areas of selection, physiology and psychology, nutrition, healthcare, and training of K9 dogs. The participants were also trained on how to transfer the knowledge learnt from Dutch experts to junior dog handlers in Iranian Customs K9 centre.
The practical sessions, foreseen during this 10-day training, provided the opportunity for the K9 trainers from Customs to observe, compare and update their knowledge. The search techniques and behavioural correction in dogs were given attention by the Dutch head instructor of this training.
Iran remains as one of the major transit route for drug trafficking from Afghanistan to European countries. UNODC has built a strong partnership with the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran in several areas including the capacity building for the Iranian law enforcements and has been providing technical assistant to the Iranian Government in their fight against illicit trafficking of drugs and precursors. The Iranian Customs K9 trainers, who have been trained by UNODC, will use their knowledge during their daily work at border crossings around the country to conduct search on trucks, containers and cargos passing through the legal entry points.
The event was organized as part of the activities foreseen in the framework of the Sup-programme 1 “Border Management and Illicit Trafficking” of UNODC Country Partnership Programme (2015-2019) for the Islamic Republic of Iran through the generous donation of the Government of Japan.
For more information please contact:
Hossein Asgarian (Mr.),
UNODC Country Office in the Islamic Republic of Iran
Tel.: +98 21 88 87 83 77-81,
- شهریور 98 - دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد در ایران یک دوره کارآموزی پیرامون تشخیص و درمان بیش مصرفی مواد شبه افیونی و سندروم محرومیت برگزار می کند
- 29 August 2019 - UNODC Iran organizes a training on diagnosis and treatment of opioids overdose and withdrawal
- شهریور 98 - حضور دفتر مقابله با مواد مخدر و جرم سازمان ملل متحد ایران در سیزدهمین کنگره بین المللی دانش اعتیاد
- 23 August 2019 - UNODC Iran participation in the 13th International Addiction Science Congress
- 30 July 2019 - Executive Director, UN Office on Drugs and Crime, Yury Fedotov: Statement of the UNODC Executive Director on World Day against Trafficking in Persons