TEHRAN, 5 July 2017 (UNIC) -- The Dubai Municipality and UN-Habitat have launched “The Dubai International Award for Best Practices” competition on Best Practices.
The Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment will be presented this year in the light of New Urban Agenda, signed in October 2016. This Award is an exclusive opportunity to show case the most effective interventions for improving the lives of urban residents around the globe and is in line with Sustainable Development Goals.
The Best Practice Award recognizes significant contributions which:
- Have a demonstrable and tangible impact on improving people’s quality of life;
- Are the result of effective partnerships between the public, private and civic sectors of society;
- Are socially, culturally, economically and environmentally sustainable.
In addition, the award reflects the commitment to sustainable development of human settlements and the protection of the environment and is the result of working closely with UN-Habitat as well as importance of strong and coherent partnerships in implementing the New Urban Agenda and SDG 11, in delivering socially, economically and environmentally sustainable cities for all.
The award is open to all sectors: national and regional governments; local authorities and their associations; non-governmental organizations; multilateral agencies; community based organizations; research and academic institutions; public and private foundations; media entities and individuals. No fees will be charged for registering in this competition.
There are 5 categories of entries available and the winners are given prizes of USD 30000 and USD 15000.
Final deadline for submissions is 31 August 2017.
For more information, visit www.unhabitat.org.ir or www.dubaiaward.ae .
- 7 March 2018 - The start of a collaboration between UNFPA and UN-Habitat in I.R. Iran
- بهمن 96 - برنامه نهمین مجمع جهانی شهری
- 23 Jan 2018 - The 9th World Urban Forum (WUF9) Programme
- تیر 96 - جایزه بین المللی دبی برای"بهترین عملکردهای بهبود محیط زندگی"
- بهمن 95 - نشست معرفی دستورکارجدید شهری هبیتات 3 برگزار شد