More than 300 students, artists, civil society activists, journalists, teachers and university professors and children on the eve of the United Nations Day, visited an exhibition of historic photos and documents illustrating 71 years of UN-Iran partnership.
It was held at Koche-Bagh Art Gallery in Gourabjir Sahra village at Anzali Free Zone, Guilan province on October 20-21, 2016.
Dr. Khojasteh Arefnia, the owner of the gallery organized the programme jointly with UNIC.
Visitors learned more about UN-Iran partnership and enjoyed the collection of historic photos and documents carefully selected by the UN Information Centre in Tehran and MFA Centre for Documents and History of Diplomacy with support of IRNA and Institute for Iranian Contemporary Historical Studies.
During the inauguration ceremony, after the welcoming words of Dr. Arefnia, UNIC Director Dr. Maria Dotsenko highlighted that since Iran is one of the founding Member States of the UN, it is important to be aware of the UN history in this country.
She draw the attention of the visitors to the historic moments captured on photos namely: Head of Iranian Delegation signing the UN Charter on 26 July 1945, Ambassador Nasrollah Entezam who was unanimously elected as the President of the 5th session of the UN General Assembly, visits of seven UN Secretaries-General to Iran and other interesting facts.
IRNA’s journalist spoke to many visitors and also interviewed Dr. Dotsenko.
Some basic facts about the UN and Sustainable Development Goals were introduced by UNIC Reference Assistant Ms. Nazanin Ghaemmaghami to youth aged 13 to 23, orphans and former street children, who are supported by some local charities. They were very much interested by the briefing and asked several questions.
UNIC intern Ms. Farnaz Dezfouli, a Guilan University graduate said “I was excited to support UNIC’s team with the exhibition organization and had an honor to invite there my university professors as well as representatives of municipality of Rasht. I was pleased to explain visitors about facts related to the photos and discuss the historic events.”
Prof. Salmanpoor, from the Guilan University expressed his appreciation of this initiative and invited UNIC to bring this unique exhibition to the Guilan University, since youth from Rasht also want to learn more about UN-Iran partnership.
- 15 September 2019 - On Democracy Day, UN Chief urged all governments to respect right to active, substantive and meaningful participation
- شهریور 98 - فراخوان گوترش برای احترام به حق مشارکت فعال، اثربخش و مفید به مناسبت روز مردم سالاری
- 12 September 2019 - New UN report: Scientists call for urgent, targeted action to avoid reversing the development gains of recent decades - New relationship between people and nature is needed as climate change and biodiversity loss threaten progress
- شهریور 98 - گزارش جدید سازمان ملل متحد: فراخوان دانشمندان برای اقدام هدفمند در راستای اجتناب از معکوس شدن دستاوردهای توسعه
- 12 September 2019 - UN Chief: South-South cooperation offer a pathway to accelerate progress that leaves no one behind